C-130J Super Hercules
Aircraft 5 Март 2015, 20:20
The Most Proven. And Still Proving It.
There is no aircraft in aviation history — either developed or under development — that can match the flexibility, versatility and relevance of the C-130 Hercules. In continuous production longer than any other military aircraft, the C-130 has earned a reputation as a workhorse ready for any mission, anywhere, anytime.
The C-130J Super Hercules offers superior performance and new capabilities, with the range and flexibility for every theater of operations and evolving requirements. This rugged aircraft is regularly sent on missions in the harshest environments, and is often seen as the first aircraft “in,” touching down on austere landing strips before any other transport to provide humanitarian relief after natural disasters.
With more than one million hours of flying combat, humanitarian, special operations, aerial refueling, firefighting, and search and rescue missions around the world, the C-130J stands ready for its next mission and for whatever the future holds.
C-130J Super Hercules by the Numbers:
– One million+ flight hours logged;
– Operated by 16 countries;
– 16+ different missions operating worldwide;
– Used to set 54 world records;
– 300+ C-130Js delivered or on order;
– Can operate out of 2,000 foot-long dirt strips in high mountain ranges;
– Ability to transport more than 40,000 pounds of cargo and supplies.
C-130 Hercules Family by the Numbers:
– Operated by 70 countries;
– 2,400+ C-130 aircraft delivered.